Some of the basic criteria for enrollment are listed here; please read the application materials carefully for more information.
Mekeel Christian Academy is a distinctly Christian institution dedicated to Biblical principles of fairness and equality (Pro. 24:23; Acts 17:26; Gal. 3:28; etc.). Therefore, MCA welcomes students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, admitting them to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students in the school.
Our mission as a Christian school is to work with parents as partners in the Christian training of their children in accordance with Biblical principles. Therefore, at least one parent/guardian should express a clear testimony of Christian faith, be in regular attendance at church, and be able to sign the school’s Statement of Faith.
Mekeel offers a strong academic environment for its students. To be successful in this kind of program, a student must be achieving at or above national grade level and also possess necessary age-appropriate social skills and behaviors.
- The student must be able to demonstrate by testing and/or professional evaluation that he/she is able to profit from traditional classroom instruction. Since MCA is unable to provide quality educational experiences for children with serious learning disabilities, serious emotional or social problems, or severe physical handicaps, careful consideration is given to each applicant to make certain the program is a good match for the applicant’s needs.
- Kindergarten students are screened to establish maturity and school readiness.
- Students entering grades 1-8 normally should score at the fortieth percentile or higher on a standardized test in reading and math to qualify for admission.
- Students in grades 7-12 must show successful academic progress on their previous transcript in order to qualify for admission.
- Students must have good disciplinary and attendance records and demonstrate their willingness to comply cheerfully with school standards.
Complete and sign the application forms, enclose the New Student Application fee, and return along with any other requested materials (such as academic records, report cards, standardized test scores, etc.) to Mekeel Christian Academy.
Sign the waivers on the Confidential References and mail or give the forms and their return envelopes to the appropriate individuals.
A non-refundable fee of $25 per child must accompany the applications.
Limited tuition assistance is available. Please contact the Admissions Office for additional information.
Before an interview is scheduled, an Administrator will determine on the basis of records received if there is a need for any further testing in order to determine ability level. If testing is required, the applicant will be scheduled for a test prior to the interview.
After all application materials and test results have been received and reviewed, parents and student(s) will be scheduled for an interview with an Administrator. Please bring your child’s latest report card if not already submitted. You should come prepared with any questions you may have regarding any aspects of the school’s program.
The Admissions Committee will make a decision based on family and student compatibility with our mission, program, and resources. Parents will be notified at the earliest possible time of the committee’s decision and parents of students who are accepted will receive an invitation to enroll. This invitation is accepted by signing and returning to the school the Family Agreement and the $325 non-refundable Matriculation Fee. Students enrolling after classes have reached maximum capacity are placed in a waiting pool.
All new parents (of students at all grade levels) and new students in grades 6-12 are required to attend the New Family Orientation scheduled at the end of the summer.